Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Westminster Project, continued. . .



The blocks are fused and the satin stitching complete. Prior to this project, I did not have much experience at satin stitching. I can most definitely see that my last blocks are much better than my first. The stitching is smoother around rounded edges and crisper at corners. I thought about taking the stitching out of some of the first blocks I made, but, trust me, that was a fleeting thought that I batted away much like one bats flies away from a picnic feast. What the worst and most tedious part of the Westminster Project (so far) was tearing away all of the stabilizer. I had stabilizer shrapnel scattered all over my sewing room. And before long there was stabilizer all over the house because it hitchhiked on my dog, Daisy, who likes to hang out in my sewing room. Next step: assembling the alternate blocks.

4 comments:

Rhondee said...

You are such a hoot! The block looks great to me......and I sure the other blocks are just fine....what's that says about looking at something from a galloping horse....LOL

ivoryspring said...

Hello Nancy,

I love your work, and am so excited to find out that you have a blog!!

Love the block!!!

MMM said...

I love the fabric colors and the design just hops out and says "happiness and excitement"!

Marguerita

Randi said...

I love the look of this! I would've left the other stitching, too. :-)