Saturday, June 13, 2009

I've been "flocked"





Okay, when my son David who's in town for his ten year class reunion came home late last night from hanging out with some of his old high school buddies, he woke his dad and I up saying, "You've got to see this." Across our front lawn and down our driveway was one plastic flamingo after another. They were in the shrubbery too and one was even hanging from a tree. One flamingo perched by the front door sported a sign danging from his neck which read, "You've been flocked by Frontier volleyball." I couldn't help but laugh. I'd had a major number of these talented and beautiful high school young women in my AP Comp course this past academic year at Frontier High. In my mind's eye I could see them stealthily creeping around my front yard, placing every flamingo so it was in just the right pose, all the while trying to suppress laughter.Of course my question now is, what do I have to do to get rid of these flamingos?

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

If it is like the time it happened to me (flamingos, pigs and penguins!), they hired a company to do it and they will magically disappear this evening. Otherwise, I suggest that you gather them up and flock someone else real soon! Then it will be their problem!

Rhonda said...

I am holding my stomach rolling on the floor here. I'm with Vicki W. flock someone else. I'll bet they would get a kick out of it. You might start a tradition.....LOL