Sunday, October 31, 2010

New Patterns Introduced at Fall Quilt Market


I've been busy designing and making some new quilt patterns for Fall Market. Here's a brand new pattern called Playa Del Sol, which measures 73" x 91". We made it up in a new collection called Blue Storm, designed by Laura Berringer for Marcus Fabrics. The pattern calls for ten half yards of coordinating fabrics, 3 yards of background, 1 7/8 yards for the border, and 3/4 yds for the binding. The blocks are easy to piece and there are few seams to match. It's a great beginner quilt project.




Cosmo Girls is a quilt I had a lot of fun making. I used a decorative satin stitch to finish the edges of my fused patches and even did a bit of embellishment with a decorative "reverse" buttonhole stitch. I also played around with the focus print, fussy cutting it for the leaves and the flower centers. The fabric collection is Cosmopolitan by Exclusively Quilters. The pattern includes full sized applique pieces--there's no enlarging to do.

I also reworked a few of our patterns in some new collections. Here's Papillions in Marcus Fabrics' new Mariposa collection, also by Laura Berringer. These two just seemed like like were made for each other!


And what could be better than a holiday fabric collection that can be used all year round? As luck would have it, I was able to work with fabric designer extraordinaire Faye Burgos in developing Cedar Chest Memories for Marcus Fabrics. I can't take too much credit. Faye did all the designing, I just gave my imput and helped select the fabrics to make the "cut" for this stunning collection. I designed a new quilt,a wallhanging called In The Pines and re-worked some of our holiday patterns--Seasons Greetings, Oh Christmas Tree, and Christmas Table Runner in fabrics from the collection. I love how each project really has its own look.



Now here's my favorite: Gift Wrapped. Cedar Chest Memories was designed to fit this quilt, and doesn't it look just perfect? The gift wrapped boxes in this pattern are just what you'll want want for Christmas, or any time of the year for that matter. I'm already planning on draping it here--and there--around my house.


All patterns retail for $8.50 each at Nancy Rink Designs We also sell wholesale to shop owners. Phone us at 661-205-2649 to order.

No comments: