Monday, August 22, 2011

The Mill Girls Tree Block

Hurrah! The first block of the feature quilt for Away From Home: Quilts Inspired by the Lowell Mill Girls is all appliqued.

Now, onto another block.  

I've been busy tracing, cutting out, prepping applique patches all weekend (and trying to finish up the piecing on another quilt which--if all goes as planned--will be one of the extra projects in the book). So far, I've been using the freezer paper and starch method for my applique.  This is the method I prefer, although I think I may have to use needle turn on another one of the blocks because freezer paper and starch may may far too unwieldy a process.

 Here's what I have laid out for one of the two tree blocks.  I still have lots of leaves to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is the book published? If so, where do I get one! Thanks.