Sunday, July 13, 2014

Mill Works Sneak Peek


It's a Sunday morning and I have to admit that I slept in late today. Last night I stayed up well past midnight, determined to finish hand sewing the binding down on my new Mill Works quilt. This morning, the first thing I did was toss the quilt in the washing machine. Yes, I always wash my quilts once they're done. It cleans off the dust and such that the fabric picks up during construction and any marking lines left behind. It also softens up the fabric and fluffs up the batting to give the quilt that soft puckers look I so love on a quilt.

So here is Mill Works laid out on my living room floor. Now I am blocking it to make sure everything is as square as possible and to make sure the quilt lays flat.



Mill Works is my newest block of the month quilt project and is designed as an 8-month program. It features my new Mill Works fabric collection from Marcus Fabrics. It should be hitting the shelves of your local quilt shops this fall and be available for re-order for about 12 months.





No comments: