Saturday, January 9, 2010

Something new, something blue!


Here's a first for me. First, it's my first publication of 2010. This cute little wall hanging is featured in Quilt Almanac 2010. It's made with fabrics from Exclusively Quilters Bryant Park collection, which is a lovely collection of funky florals, interesting geometrics, and great blenders. There are two colorways--the aqua shown here and a salmon which you can see on their website http://www.classiccottons.com
The second first, is that I've never had a quilt's photo shoot taken in a bathroom. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit when I saw the photographs for the magazine. Now I don't don't why, really, this tickled me. After all, I do have quilts hanging in my bathrooms. Lots of my quilting friend have quilts in their bathrooms too. It's just that it's not often that we see a bathroom shot in a quilting magazine. And the third, first is that I've never had anything published in Quilt Almanac! It's exciting to have one of my quilts grace the pages of this quilting magazine.
Needless to say, I'm looking forward to see what other firsts are in store for me this year. Maybe I'll wake up and be forty pounds lighter. Now that's worthy of a good long chuckle!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

This a great wallhanging. I love the colors. They remind me of a spring day.....that's what I'm thinking because it's 12 degrees here......LOL