Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mill Girls Update

It's been quite a while since I blogged about the quilt I'm making for my upcoming book, Away From Home: Quilts Inspired by Lowell Mill Girls, (Kansas City Star Books pub).  Getting ready for my first Quilt Market put things on hold for a while, but I am back at work, trying to make my November 17 deadline.

Here is the center panel all appliqued.  The spool blocks are being arranged and a row of them are added to the top and bottom of the center panel.  





Now it's time to arrange the border blocks I've been piecing and appliqueing. Still have a few blocks to finish. 


All the blocks are done and sewn to the top.  Just two more borders to go.  Moved to the design floor "aka. the living room".



Loaded on my Millie.  Time to quilt . . . .




 . . . and quilt . . .





 . . .and quilt. . . and still quilting!  In this last photo you can see a little bit of the last two borders. 

2 comments:

Dawn Heese said...

Just found your blog! The quilt is absolutely stunning!

Edileny Gomes said...

patchwork e quilting maravilhosos, estou encantada com tudo, parabéns..e um abraço ...Edileny Gomes.