Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Quilt Market--Houston 2011, cont.

I didn't get a chance to take many photos at Market but I did manage to snap a few pics.

Here are the Paul and Mary Ellen, the creative forces behind Bonnie Blue Quilts.  As always, their booth is warm, homey, and gorgeous!

This quilt-Royal Peacocks--was in the Hoffman Fabrics booth.  I designed the pattern for them the week before Market.  Don't know who made it, but someone definitely burned the midnight oil!  The fabric is gorgeous and has gold metallic highlights.  It also comes in a blue color story.  The pattern is free to download on Hoffman's website.

Although Vicki Bellino of Bloom Creek Quilts was not at Market, her new block-of-the-month quilt Vintage Rouge was.  The quilting on her quilt is to die for.  And the piecing is so, so clever because she used a Marcus' Strip It (TM) fabric along with several others.


Here is a corner of the Exclusively Quilters' booth.  Notice the red arrows?  They weren't hanging in the booth, I Photoshopped them on the photo so you noticed two quilts I designed.  The larger quilt on the left is Fantasy Garden, that features fabric from their Renaissance collection.  The little quilt in the lower right corner is Have A Heart made with their Let The Sunshine In collection. 
I have to give credit to my dear friend Mary Carpenter who made both quilts just for Market.  Unfortunately, she became so ill that she was unable to attend Market and see her wonderful work on display.   Next year, Mary!  Both quilts were quilted by Lynn Douglass of Lynn's Creative Stitches.


Here's another picture of Have A Heart hanging in my booth.  Yes, Mary made two quilts--one for me and one for Exclusively Quilters.




And, of course, here is my booth!  It was my first time at Market as a vendor, so it definitely was a learning experience.  You may notice that I brought along a table and chairs.  So many of the young designers have no place to sit and virtually stand all day.  That is because they are young!  This 50 plus year old lady cannot do that anymore--thus the seating!  I think some of the shop owner appreciated it too!

And here's another view of the booth.  Sorry the picture is a bit fuzzy--it was taken with my camera phone.

No comments: